Johannesburg Roofing repair ceilings damaged by rainwater, burst geysers or even by the efforts of someone who accidentally stepped incorrectly while working in the roof space. We replace entire ceilings or patch where necessary.
From plastered ceilings, Standard strip ceilings, moulded ceilings, Knotty Pine ceilings, we can help repair the perfect ceiling for your home, from the ceiling board itself to the matching cornices.
All our ceilings are installed quickly and neatly to specification. We take pride in the high quality of our work, and back our service with a 10-year guarantee against leaks and defective workmanship.
How to Repair Your Ceiling
If you have a fairly large hole in a ceiling-the type that might be left behind when moving a ceiling fixture-you’ll need to give it some backing before filling the hole with patching material. Here’s how to do this:
- Cut a piece of pegboard (hardboard with holes in it) sized to overlap but slip through the hole.
- Loop a 6-inch-long piece of stiff wire through two of the holes in the pegboard. Twist the ends to form a complete loop.
- Coat the pegboard with drywall compound, using a putty knife.
- Slip the coated pegboard piece into the hole, coated side facing down.
- Pull down on the wire loop, insert a pencil, and twist the pencil to pull the pegboard snugly down against the backside of the ceiling.
- Let the compound dry, remove the pencil, and snip off the wires flush with the ceiling.
- Fill the hole with two coats of drywall compound, allowing the first coat to dry before applying the second.
- Let the second coat dry, and then apply a third coat, flush with the ceiling. Let that dry for 24 hours.
- Lightly sand the patch with fine sandpaper to “feather” (blend) it with the surface. Paint the patch to match the ceiling.
If cannot repair your ceiling can contact us to get it sorted out.